Whether you are an established patient or visiting our office for the first time, the doctor and a registered dental hygienist perform your comprehensive dental exam while you relax in one of our heated massage chairs.
We have heated massage chairs in our hygiene area. While you relax, your dental exam will include:
- Examination of diagnostic x-rays: X-rays help Dr. Pace determine the position of your teeth and their roots. They are also essential for detection of decay, tumors, bone loss and cysts.
- Examination of tooth decay: Dr. Pace will use dental instruments to check all of the surfaces of your teeth for signs of decay.
- Examination of existing restorations: Dr. Pace will check any current fillings, crowns, bridges or other dental work to ensure it is properly functioning and in place.
- Gum disease evaluation: Pace will examine your gums and the bone around your teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
The hygienist will perform your dental cleaning, which will include:
- Plaque Removal: Plaque is a sticky, nearly invisible film that is made up of saliva, living bacteria and food debris. As it forms on your teeth, the bacteria in plaque produce toxins that inflame your gums and mark the start of periodontal disease.
- Calculus Removal: Calculus, or tartar, is hardened plaque that is firmly attached to the tooth both above and below the gum line. Special dental instruments must be used to remove calculus.
- Teeth polishing: Polishing your teeth removes stains and any remaining plaque.
Oral Cancer Screening
We provide routine oral cancer screenings, plus VELScope screening is also offered. This is an advanced technology that augments visibility of any pre-malignant or malignant cells. While insurance does not cover the VELScope , it is available to our patients.